Weight Loss Treatment
Weight Loss Treatment
Get qualified support and wave goodbye to your excess weight
- Stay with Boots and save 10% off return orders*
- Exclusive WeightWatchers offer
- Free in-store weigh-in
- Free 10 week weight loss programme
- Free Weight Loss Webinars
- Free collection from over 2000 locations
- Boots Advantage Card points
How it works
Complete online consultation
Tell us your health history, select pick up in store or delivery, make payment. Takes 5–10 minutes.
We’ll review everything within 24 hours and prescribe treatment if appropriate. We’ll message or call you if we have any follow-up questions.
Pick up in store or delivery to your door
We provide simple instructions on how to take your treatment, and will follow up with advice and support on how to manage your weight.
Weight loss treatments and plans we offer
Each pre-filled pen contains 4 doses. You stay on each dose for at least 4 weeks. We’ll help you choose a suitable dose.
Wegovy 0.25 mg 1 month treatment
Wegovy 0.5 mg 1 month treatment
Wegovy 1 mg 1 month treatment
Wegovy 1.7 mg 1 month treatment
Wegovy 2.4 mg 1 month treatment
Saxenda is a weight loss treatment that helps you to feel fuller and reduces cravings. It’s injected under the skin every day. The dose starts low and increases over a few weeks.
Saxenda 1 pen £54 per pen
Saxenda 2 pen £52 per pen
Saxenda 3 pen £50 per pen
Saxenda 5 pen £48 per pen
Orlistat is a weight loss treatment that reduces how much fat is absorbed from food. It’s taken by mouth with meals.
Orlistat 120mg 84 capsules £0.60 per capsule
Xenical is a brand name for Orlistat.
Xenical 120mg 84 capsules £0.69 per capsule
How does it work?
Makes you feel fuller and reduces cravings
Makes you feel fuller and reduces cravings
Reduces how much fat your body absorbs from food
How much weight can I lose?
Up to 15% after a year’s use (with lifestyle change)*
Up to 11% after a year’s use (with lifestyle change)*
Around 5% after a year’s use (with lifestyle change)*
How do I take it?
You swallow a capsule
When do I take it?
Once a Week
Once a Day
Up to three times a day with meals
Does the dose change?
Dose increases every 4 weeks until you reach a maintenance dose**
Doses increases every week until you reach a maintenance dose**
The dose stays the same, 1 capsule up to three times a day
Is it prescription only?
How long do I take it for?
As obesity is treated as a chronic condition, weight loss medicines can be taken long-term to help you reach a healthier weight.
For long lasting weight loss you’ll need to make some key lifestyle changes as well - we can help you with these.
How else can you help me?
10-week weight loss support programme, live webinars and lots of helpful information on our website and in your patient record from our expert in-house Lifestyle Medicine team***
We also have an exclusive WeightWatchers offer****
Why don’t you offer these?
Both these medicines are licensed for treating Type 2 diabetes. Limited supplies mean these medicines should be prioritised for patients with diabetes.
This is licensed for treating Type 2 diabetes and is only available in the US*****.
* Average weight loss seen in clinical studies. All patients also increased their physical activity and had a reduced calorie diet.
Clinical studies references:
(1) Wilding J et al. . Once-Weekly Semaglutide in Adults with Overweight or Obesity. N Engl J Med 2021; 384:989-1002. Available from Here [Accessed 31 March 2023]
(2) Pi-Sunyer X et al. . A randomized, controlled trial of 3.0 mg of liraglutide in weight management. N Engl J Med. 2015;373(1):11-22. Available from Here [Accessed 31 March 2023]
(3) Torgersen J et al. . XENical in the prevention of diabetes in obese subjects (XENDOS) study: a randomized study of orlistat as an adjunct to lifestyle changes for the prevention of type 2 diabetes in obese patients. Diabetes Care. 2004 Jan;27(1):155-61. doi: 10.2337/diacare.27.1.155. Erratum in: Diabetes Care. 2004 Mar;27(3):856. Available from Here [Accessed 31 March 2023]
** We’ll let you know the dosing schedule in your personalised treatment plan.
***Available free to all Boots Online Doctor customers.
****From only £7/ month for your first 6-months.
*****Mounjaro Clinical studies references:
(1) Rosenstock J et al. . Efficacy and safety of a novel dual GIP and GLP-1 receptor agonist tirzepatide in patients with type 2 diabetes (SURPASS-1): a double-blind, randomised, phase 3 trial. The Lancet 2021; 398:143-155. Available from Here [Accessed 6 July 2023]
(2) Frías J et al. . Tirzepatide versus Semaglutide Once Weekly in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med 2021; 385:503-515. Available from Here [Accessed 6 July 2023]
BEING OVERWEIGHT — DON’T LET IT BE A BURDEN
Being overweight is a very common problem. More than 2/3 adults in the UK are either overweight or obese. Excess weight is linked to several serious health problems such as heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
We can prescribe medicine to help you to lose the extra weight — providing it’s suitable for you. We’ll get in touch with advice on how to best take your medicine and help you make the lifestyle changes you need to manage your weight over the long-term.
After you start any treatment we prescribe, we’ll check in with you to see how you’re getting on. If it’s going well, you can potentially request repeat prescriptions for up to 12 months and we’ll check in regularly with you to see if you are on track.
We’ll also send you an exclusive offer from WeightWatchers— from only £7/month for your first 6-months. Lifestyle changes lay the foundation for all healthy weight loss—even when you’re taking weight-management medication. Their clinically proven programme helps you build healthy habits for lasting weight loss and well-being. *Please see our Terms and ConditionsGET STARTED
WHAT IS WEGOVY?
You might have been hearing quite a bit about Wegovy (semaglutide). This weight loss medicine, which has been available in the United States since 2021, is now available in the UK with a prescription. An injection pen you need to use just once a week, Wegovy helps to reduce appetite and curb cravings. It has performed well in clinical trials, with patients reported as experiencing significant weight loss. Find out more about Wegovy.
There is currently limited stock and we’re only able to prescribe Wegovy to customers already using Saxenda with Boots Online Doctor (prescribed by us in the last 3 months). Sign up here for the latest news from our Weight Loss Service and be among the first to know when we’re able to offer Wegovy to new customers.
Get the facts about losing weight from Dr Sarah
Learn more about healthy weight loss
Not sure how to check if you're a healthy weight for your height? Learn how to measure your BMI (Body Mass Index). Is your weight causing other medical problems?Find out more