Sanam Hussain gained a masters degree in pharmacy from University College London in 2003. Following this, she worked in community pharmacy before becoming a clinical pharmacist in a GP surgery. She started in her role as a pharmacist independent prescriber for Boots Online Doctor in 2021.
Sanam enjoys working in online medicine as she feels it makes it possible to reach a wider patient base and provides a cost effective, easily accessible service. Sanam is also SCOPE certified in obesity management, the 'international gold standard' for healthcare professionals treating patients with obesity.
Qualifications & Memberships
- SCOPE certified – obesity management (2022)
- Member of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (2022)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Independent Prescribing for Pharmacists – University of Hertfordshire (2020)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice – De Montfort University (2011)
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPSGB) (2003)
- Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) – University College London (2003)
Sanam loves travelling and keeping fit.