Pharmacist Independent Prescriber
GPhC Registration: 2211241
Originally from Ireland, Kevin Irvine has lived and practised in England for over a decade. He has mostly worked in various hospital pharmacy roles. He joined Boots Online Doctor as a pharmacist independent prescriber in April 2022.
Kevin believes digital healthcare is the future and is excited to be part of the team and use his skills and expertise to provide a high quality service to patients across the UK. He’ll also continue to work as a locum pharmacist in community pharmacy. He’s committed to improving patient care through effective medicines optimisation.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Physical Examination Skills and Disease Management – Teesside University (2022)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Independent Prescribing for Pharmacists – University of Sunderland (2020)
- Member of the UK Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA) (2019)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy Practice – Keele University (2019)
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) (2016)
- Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) (2016)
- Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) – University of Bradford (2016)
Kevin likes to travel and meet new people. He also enjoys running and playing football and is a Liverpool football club fan.
- Irvine, K., 2020, The Development of an Isoprenaline Protocol – to treat severe bradycardia and prevent cardiac arrests. NHS Academy of Fabulous stuff. Quality Improvement Initiative.