Dr Razan Shaban graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (Medical University of Bahrain) in 2012, completing subsequent GP training in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, in August 2020. She joined the Boots Online Doctor team in July 2021 and continues to work as a locum GP at various surgeries and urgent care centres in London.
Dr Razan believes online medicine has exciting potential for improving access to healthcare and reducing pressure on existing systems. She is passionate about women's health and improving accessibility to healthcare for all as well as ensuring inclusivity in all Boots Online Doctor services.
Roles & responsibilities
- Clinical Lead for LGBTQ+ Medicine
- Oral Contraception
- Morning After Pill (MAP)
- Period Delay
- General Practice
- Digital Medicine
Qualifications & Memberships
- First 5 RCGP Lead for Northwest London (Sep 2021-Aug 2022)
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) (2020)
- Member of British Medical Association (2016)
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians (LRCP) (2012)
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Surgeons (LRCS) (2012)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBCh) – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Medical University of Bahrain (2012)
Dr Razan enjoys health and fitness and tries to exercise regularly. She also loves to cook and try out new recipes to share with her friends and family; middle eastern and Italian cuisine are her favourites.