Dr David Gwynne
General Practitioner (GP)
GMC Number: 6074829
Dr David Gwynne completed GP training in 2009 after spending time in emergency medicine and anaesthetics. He joined Boots Online Doctor in April 2021, before which he was a partner in an NHS GP practice. He enjoys being at the forefront of healthcare innovation and believes online medicine offers the opportunity to support and treat patients in a safe, effective and efficient way.
As Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Dr Gwynne takes great pride in aiming to deliver the very best clinical service possible. He has responsibility for our safety critical processes, and oversees significant event analysis and clinical complaints. Dr Gwynne is responsible for driving progressive improvement and evolution of our clinical systems using the data gathered from his work. He looks forward to continuing to develop the service and extend the way patients are supported.
Dr Gwynne has a special interest in men’s health and diabetes management. He has held roles as GP diabetes clinical champion and medication operation lead with the clinical commissioning group (CCG), and has also sat on the local medication formulary panel.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes Management (PgDipDia) – Cardiff University (2019)
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 5, Coaching (ILM5 qualification) (2018)
- Certificate of Occupational Health Medicine (OccH) – Manchester University (2012)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeutics (PGDipTher) – Cardiff University (2010)
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) (2009)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – University of Wales College of Medicine (2003)
Dr Gwynne lives on a farm with his wife and children, and has been known to hop on his tractor to reach patients in the face of adverse weather conditions. He enjoys outdoor pursuits and travelling. He has volunteered as a medic on the Everest basecamp route and worked in a remote hospital in Fiji. Dr Gwynne also volunteers as a medic for his local rugby club and likes getting involved with community events.
- Dr Gwynne has featured on the Menzine podcast talking to BBC journalist David Fitz about prostate cancer.