Dr Hennessey joined Boots Online Doctor in 2021. As Chief Medical Officer, she has overall responsibility for the safety, development and clinical governance of our service. She graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 1992 and worked in many places from London to the Highlands before becoming a partner in an NHS GP practice in Scotland.
Alongside this, Dr Hennessey worked as a medical event and expedition doctor managing the medical cover for expedition groups across the globe. She also volunteered for the Himalayan Rescue Association and lectured for Wilderness Medical Training, developing extensive experience in altitude sickness. After leaving her GP practice, Dr Hennessey worked for a government department developing quality indicators for NHS Primary Care services, then went on to become Clinical Director across a Federation of 40 GP practices as well as an Honorary Clinical Research Fellow, in the Department of Primary Care and Public Health at Imperial College, London.
Roles & responsibilities
- Chief Medical Officer
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Clinical Lead for Women’s Health
- Altitude sickness
- Efficiency of healthcare
- Improving quality of healthcare
- Digital healthcare
Qualifications & Memberships
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) (1999)
- Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (1997)
- Diploma in Travel Medicine – University of Glasgow (1997)
- Diploma of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene – University of Liverpool (1996)
- Diploma of Child Health – RCP London (1995)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – University of Edinburgh (1992)
Dr Hennessey enjoys the outdoors and especially the mountains of Scotland.