Alison Taylor-Lamb joined Boots Online Doctor as a nurse independent prescriber in August 2021 and specialises in contraception and sexual health. Alongside her role here, she works at a sexual health clinic and within a school nursing team. Before this, Alison also gained extensive clinical experience, working both in hospital settings – including in orthopaedics and gynaecology – and various general practice posts within the community.
In addition, Alison is a specialist community public health nurse and a trained teacher who lectured on the degree nursing programme at the University of Essex. She also served in the British Army for 12 years. Alison enjoys working in online medicine for the opportunity it offers to reach a wide and varied population. She appreciates how it leads to continual clinical learning and development, with knowledge and skills being used in new and challenging ways.
- Sexual health
- Women’s health
- General practice
- Health promotion and public health
Qualifications & Memberships
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2016)
- Non-Medical Prescribing – Anglia Ruskin University (2015)
- Master of Science (MSc), Medical and Healthcare Education – Anglia Ruskin University (2014)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council Registered Teacher (2014)
- Postgraduate Diploma, Specialist Community Public Health Nurse – Anglia Ruskin University (2009)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (BSc), Health Promotion and Public Health – Thames Valley University (2007)
- Issues in Contraception and Sexual Health – University of Southampton (2005)
- Diploma in Higher Education, Nursing (adult) – University of Portsmouth (2001)
Alison is interested in the ethics of medicine and was a member of the Research Ethics Committee from 2017 to 2021.