Dr Hawwa Shillingford
General Practitioner (GP)
GMC Number: 7493517
Dr Hawwa Shillingford completed GP training in 2020 and joined the Boots Online Doctor team in April 2022. Before this she worked as a GP in primary care, where she gained an interest in mental health, women’s health and menopause.
Alongside her role at Boots Online Doctor, she also works as an acute GP in urgent care and the ambulance service.
Dr Hawwa values online medicine because of the accessibility it provides and the speed at which treatment can be delivered. She believes in the continuous innovation and modernisation of healthcare to ensure safe, appropriate and convenient service can be provided to all patients.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) (2020)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – Peninsula Medical School (2015)
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences (Intercalated) – University of Birmingham (2014)
Dr Hawwa enjoys yoga, reading and creative writing. She has previously been awarded a place on Penguin’s WriteNow programme.
- Shillingford H, Drew P, Ahmad S, English R, Brown I, King P, 2015, Mammographic malignant calcifications and neoadjuvant chemotherapy – should we be doing more biopsies to reduce mastectomy rate? Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro. Association of Breast Surgery International Conference
- Hughes A, Shillingford H, Hainsworth L, Haigh R, Wijesinghe M, 2012, Emergency Oxygen Therapy: Do medical students know more than doctors? Peninsula School of Medicine & Dentistry, Truro, UK. Thorax; 67 (Suppl 2): A1–A20