NMC Registration: 01B1324O
Johanna Bowie joined the Boots Online Doctor team in January 2023 as a registered nurse. Prior to this, she worked in the private sector as a gynaecological oncology clinical nurse specialist. This role included supporting women with a cancer diagnosis throughout their treatment pathway, as well as palliative care nursing. She also covered the oncology telephone triage service and previously worked as a clinical site manager.
Alongside her role at Boots Online Doctor, Johanna works as a freelance menopause practitioner for another digital healthcare provider, specifically supporting those affected by a cancer diagnosis.
Johanna finds online medicine an extremely exciting area to be working in. She believes it’s important as it allows more patients to access support, care, advice and treatment and gives them the ability to self manage both chronic and acute, minor ailments.
Qualifications & Memberships
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society member (BGCS) (2020)
- British Menopause Society member (2020)
- United Kingdom Oncology Nursing Society member (UKONS) (2019)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) (2000)
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN) – Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand (1999)
Johanna loves all things menopause and is over the moon that this area is finally getting more recognition and being openly discussed, which she thinks will be empowering for all women. Johanna has also done a number of massage courses and been trained in the basic techniques and principles of Lymphoedema treatment and management.
- Bowie J, Longhurst B, 2022, Induced menopause and cancer: our experts answer the most commonly asked questions, Perci Health
- Bowie J, White I, 2022, Cancer and intimacy: managing women’s sexual health after cancer treatment, Perci Health