Dr Mark Perera
General Practitioner (GP)
GMC Number: 7090203
Dr Mark Perera joined Boots Online Doctor as a GP in December 2022. Prior to this, he worked for five years at Babylon Health developing products for digital health transformation and leading the LGBTQ+ health team. He continues to work part time as a GP in a clinic in West London and in urgent care centres in East London.
Dr Mark is a proud queer doctor of colour, born and raised in London. He enjoys helping all patients, particularly those in minority communities. He’s passionate about digital health transformation and the healthcare options it provides. He feels that online medicine empowers patients to take consultations into their own hands, allowing them to choose how, when and where they take place so they can feel safe and comfortable. It also allows the patient time to review treatment plans and recommended sources, and to receive prescriptions and care local and convenient to them.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) (2016)
- Medical Acupuncture Foundation Training – British Medical Acupuncture Society (2014)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – UCL Medical School (2010)
- Bachelor’s degree, Human Physiology (BSc) – UCL – (2005)
Dr Mark enjoys queer dance spaces, cycling, baking, hot yoga, Mario Kart, tennis, and any tech geekery. He also holds qualifications in medical acupuncture and massage.
- Perera M, 2022, Telemedicine Is Improving Healthcare For The LGBTQ+ Community, Babylon Health blog
- Perera M, 2022, LGBTQ+ Community FAQs, Babylon Health blog
- Perera M, 2022, Artificial intelligence for the LGBTQ+ population and its limitations, Babylon Health blog
- Perera M, 2021, Tips from an LGBTQ+ Doctor on Coming Out, Babylon Health blog
- Perera M, 2020, What makes an LGBTQ+ inclusive practice?, Babylon Health blog
- Perera M, 2020, Erectile dysfunction: Breaking the taboo, Babylon Health blog