Nurse Independent Prescriber
NMC Registration: 05J0028S
Andrew Motherwell joined Boots Online Doctor as a nurse independent prescriber in August 2022, following a long career working in sexual and reproductive health. He continues to work occasional shifts in sexual health clinics in West London as an advanced nurse practitioner.
Andrew values the flexibility that an online service provides to patients, enabling them to access care at a time that’s convenient to them. Andrew believes in the importance of inclusive healthcare, particularly for LGBTQ+ people and vulnerable young people.
He believes technology has a vital role to play in improving access to healthcare and saw the impact of this in his previous role after developing online resources to streamline provision of long-acting reversible contraception.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Faculty Registered Trainer (2021)
- Medical & Healthcare Education (PgCert) – Anglia Ruskin University (2021)
- STI Foundation Advanced Competency (2021)
- Advanced Practice (MSc) – King’s College London (2019)
- Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Health (DFSRH) (2017)
- Prescribing for Nurses & Midwives (PgCert) – King’s College London (2016)
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN) – University of Glasgow (2009)
Andrew is passionate about education and training within healthcare. He contributed to the most recent update to the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Health’s Diploma qualification and has taught on the STI Foundation Competency course.